How many times have you been surprised by someone’s age because they seemed a lot older than their actual age? Well, if you don’t want that happening to you, then you need to take preventive measures so that premature aging doesn’t affect you! Keep reading to find out more about the ways you can protect yourself from premature aging!
The main culprit in causing premature aging is the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun. If you think you’re protected from the harmful rays of the sun just because it’s cloudy outside, then think again because ultraviolet rays can make their way through the clouds as well!
Follow the tips below to protect yourself from premature aging:
- Stop smoking if you do. Smoking is bad for your health, but you already know that. Let’s get to the effects of smoking on the skin. Cigarette smoking produces free radicals, which damage the skin cells as well as the proteins residing below the skin. When they get damaged, wrinkles and fine lines appear. Therefore, if you want to stop aging prematurely, you need to stop smoking!
- Never leave your house without applying sunscreen, even if it’s hot outside. Like I said earlier, UV rays from the sun are the main culprit behind premature aging and we receive so much exposure throughout the day. In fact, studies suggest that you should even wear sunscreen inside your homes during the daytime! Sunscreen offers a protective layer that reflects off UV rays so that these rays aren’t absorbed by your skin.
See Also: www.theskinstore.in
- Keep your skin hydrated by applying a moisturizer every time you wash your face. You should moisturize your skin even if it’s oily! In the case of oily skin, use a water-based moisturizer that’s light and gets absorbed easily. Beneath your skin is a layer of ground material that attracts water. When you’re dehydrated, your skin sinks inside and fine lines and wrinkles start appearing. Hence, hydration is key when protecting your skin from premature aging.
- Lower your alcohol consumption. Alcohol can lead to dehydration, which can lead to old and wrinkled skin. Therefore, it’s important to control and lower your alcohol consumption to help keep your skin young and fresh-looking!
- Ensure that you get adequate amounts of vitamins and minerals by improving your diet. Make sure your diet includes an ample quantity of fruits and vegetables. Furthermore, stay away from fatty foods as well as sugary foods, as they can eventually harm your skin and make it appear greasy and old.
- Change your pillow covers every night or every other night. Dandruff from your hair can get deposited on your pillow covers. This dandruff can block the pores on your face, resulting in breakouts. The breakouts will damage your skin and make it appear older! Apart from this, try to use satin pillow covers that don’t irritate your skin.
So, what are you waiting for? Follow the steps above to keep your skin young and fresh!